Almond Zucchini Bread from FastPaleo, that I talked to my friend about the idea of a one year FastPaleo challenge. My friend loved the thought and encouraged me to go ahead with it. So, why not?
I have been working for FastPaleo for a couple of months now. I absolutely love my job, and oh my gosh, the recipes have my mouth watering constantly. But, no matter how much I love all of the recipes, most of the time I end up throwing together a few items in a frying pan and call it dinner. This is partly due to the fact, that I am not a terribly organized person. This means, I go to the store and I buy whatever the heck comes to mind, and then, at home I try to figure out what to do with all the meat and produce I have sitting in my fridge. Yes, FastPaleo has been a great help in this department, but I feel I can do better.
A couple of weeks ago, I came up with the idea of doing a one year challenge. Starting, September 1st, 2012, I will cook at least one FastPaleo meal per day for the following 365 days. I promise to try to make it two meals a day, but may not always make it. :) Here are the rules:
1) Create a shopping and cooking list for the week on Sunday.
2) Post the recipes on this blog.
3) Cook at least one FastPaleo meal a day.
4) Write a review on all the recipes I have tried.
5) Do this during vacation times as well, unless I am unable to be in the kitchen. (I shall give myself a total of 10 days of "vacation" time, meaning, at the end of 365 days I cannot miss more than 10 days of FastPaleo cooking.)
6) I have to make up any day that goes over 10 days, meaning, I'll have to make two FastPaleo meals per day for each day I miss.
What I'll get out of this: I will actually be forced to create a cooking schedule. This should save time and money.
What you'll get out of this: a heck of a lot of entertainment, as I'm going through my year of FastPaleo cooking.
Want to create a challenge for me? Come up with a recipe that you think is weird, fun, crazy, awesome, delicious, upload it to FastPaleo via this LINK, and send me an e-mail to let me know about it at ute at fast paleo dot com.
Every month I will choose my favorite recipe and I will send the poster of this recipe a little thank you (TBD). The countdown is on. Three days of slacking... before Day 1!