I "came up with the idea" to make a crunchy cookie, because my best friend, Shady Lady, recently
1 1/4 cups almond flour
1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
5 tbsp coconut flour
1/2 cup coconut crystal (or other DRY sweetener of choice)
2/3 cup expeller pressed coconut oil (it tastes like nothing)
1/4 cup honey
1 splash of vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
chocolate chips or other fillers like raisins
1) Preheat oven to 350F.
2) Mix almond flour, coconut flakes, coconut flour and baking soda in a small bowl.
3) In a different bowl, mix egg, honey, and vanilla with electric mixer. It'll turn nice and fluffy. Now add the coconut oil and keep mixing.
4) Add coconut crystals and keep mixing until everything is combined. You can now add your almond flour mixture. And finally, stir in the chocolate chips or raisins. I don't give amounts for things like chocolate chips. That's a personal preference.
5) Once your dough is ready, set it in the fridge for about 15 minutes or so. This is especially important in the summer, when the coconut oil is not solid.
6) Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and scoop approximately tablespoonfulls onto the parchment paper. Bake for 12 minutes. The cookies will turn golden brown. Let them cool on the sheet for a few more minutes, then ideally set them on a rack to cool completely before you move them into a storage container.
It's important to know that the cookies will turn chewy if you transfer them into a container with lid when they're still warm. Also, I keep them in the fridge. They taste delicious right out of the fridge.